Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost-

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Marching on...

This week has been much better, and things are picking up pace again. I just had my first LPI (Language Proficiency Interview) this morning and am already at an Intermediate-Advanced level, although I only need to be at Intermediate by the end of training. No sweat!
The weather has been ridiculously bipolar here, switching back and forth from hot and sunny to cold and windy. I wake up in the middle of the night sweating or hear the wind blowing violently outside my window. Ive developed a cough but have been drinking excessive amounts of ginger tea, so hopefully it wont last too long.
Things that are keeping me going, and making me excited for the upcoming weeks:
- Finding out my site in two weeks!
- Im over halfway done with training!
- Permagardening sessions were useful, and I cant wait to start my own garden and compost
- We finally received mail this week! Although one of my packages was ripped open, as was one of the packets of M&Ms inside...
- Tomorrows trip to Matola to run errands and hang out
- Hiking next weekend to the mountains, where the three borders meet (South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique)

"We'll have the days we break,
And we'll have the scars to prove it
We'll have the bombs that we saved,
And we'll have the heart
Not to lose it

You put one foot in front of the other,
We move like we ain't got no other
We go where we go,
We're marchin on, marchin on

There's so many wars we fought
There's so many things we're not
But with what we have
I promise you that
We're marchin on"

- OneRepublic

0 comments:

Post a Comment